The World loves the Web, and it's a big part of our daily lives. We use it to search, to find, to learn, to shop, to connect, to post, to create and to find out where we are.
Sad to say, a slithering mass of serpents have invaded this Garden of Eden, in the guise of Web marketers. They have learned how to track us around the Web and amass amazing amounts of personal data. In only five years, the Trackers have come to know us intimately, our likes, dislikes, interests, friends, family, education, income, and political preferences, all based on our browsing history.
This book shows you how tracking works, and details how to manage the marketers who track you. Find out how to limit the release of personal data that could cost you your job, cause you to lose a promotion, deny you insurance, make you pay higher credit or travel fees, feed you false search results, exploit your children, or manipulate your opinions.
Even worse, tracking can enable crooks to steal your credit card or bank passwords. lead to theft of your identity, open you to malware, viruses and other criminal activities.
Tracking can also cost you money, by slowing down the operation of your computer, making you pay higher Web fees. If you don't have WiFi enabled, then the trackers can chew up vast amounts of bandwidth, pulling content in, and sending content out, all without your approval. And you, poor sucker, are stuck paying the carrier bills for your cell phones and tablets
The Trackers can help you avoid these tracker traps, by helping you:
- Understand how tracking works when you go online.
- Learn about behavioral tracking and how trackers follow you around the Web.
- Find out how to manage or quit major trackers like Facebook.
- Learn detailed techniques on managing your web experience with alternatives.
- Find the best ways to stop trackers in their tracks.
- Find the best ways to protect your children from trackers.
- Learn how to limit the damage trackers can do, and protect your personal information.
The web is a big part of your personal and family life. Isn't it time to make the best use of your Web time, by managing the Trackers.