SEAL Target Geronimo
By Chuck Pfarrer
- Release Date: 2011-11-08
- Genre: Military
SEAL Target Geronimo Chuck Pfarrer Book Review Score: ★★★★★ 5/5 stars
SEAL Target Geronimo Chuck Pfarrer epub; SEAL Target Geronimo read online; SEAL Target Geronimo book review; book recommendations; SEAL Target Geronimo Audiobook; Military books;.
User reviews about this book
If you want to know what really happened, first hand, go read No Easy Day by Mark Owen. It was actually written by Seal that was on the ground during the raid.
Good Book with some opinions mixed in.
This is a great read. Sometimes the author is putting his opinion in too much but it's not any reason to not read this book. Definitely purchase.
Seal Target Geronimo
By Super Clock
The book was outstanding. It gave a factual history of the SEALs, and provided enough insight to the take down of Geronimo, to safeguard the SEALs identity.
The latter should have been used by our president and his staff, as they went out on the late night tv shows to say how they did it and identified the source that took down Geronimo.
As a retired Marine, I know how sensitive it can be to have higher echelon of personnel micro managing your operation, and once again I salute these brave men for completing their mission and bringing back all their members.
I will suggest this book to all my retired Marines and civilian counterparts.
Nothing new... Too much filler. Only one chapter about the actual raid
By 90's alum
Don't bother! The author can't even get his facts right about historical SpecOps Missions...I quit reading after the 1st chapter.
If you are into the politics of the forming of a terrorist then this is the book for you. Great job on all levels.
Son Tay Raid rehearsed in Omaha? The first tidbit that made me question this book. From that point forward, I had to call into question everything written in this book. In fact after I read that little tidbit, I went back and reread other parts that I had read through. Zarkari was killed when a JDAMS was dropped on the house he was in, not as the result of a drone strike. You would think that a someone who was writing a book and including things such as the Son Tay raid would have researched it better. BTW the Son Tay raid was rehearsed at Eglin AFB in Florida. Why? Well because there is an axiom in the military which says "Train as you Fight". If you are going to fight in jungle terrain (vietnam) you trian in jungle terrain (the closest you can come in the United States is Eglin AFB part of which encompasses the Everglades. Pfarrer either didn't bother to research this or didn't have enough respect for the buyers of the book to do the proper research. Those two little missteps caused me to question the rest of the book. And then two days later, the SEAL community calls the book a "pack of lies", and call into question Pfarrer himself. Save your money
Are you kidding me?
We have a saying in the SEAL Teams about the 90-10 rule. It goes: 90% of the guys that make it through BUD/S training are solid Operators and go on to do great things. The other 10% are constantly bringing the community and their team down.
We are always trying to cull the 10% out of the herd. In the military these guys are commonly referred to as “strap hangers”. You make up your own mind, but after talking to friends in the SEAL community that are still on active duty (and the SOCOM Press Release) Chuck Pfarrer (author) is clearly falling into the 10% category in my opinion. His clenched fists are grabbing at the straps of the good men that participated in this operation.
It makes me sick to my stomach that this guy (FYI-anyone that co-wrote that lame Charlie Sheen screen play for Navy SEALs should be shot on sight) is lying. Why didn’t he just publish this as a work of fiction? It would have sold just as many copies. Even worse is that this news will surely drive his sales into the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of copies sold. Also, the conspiracy freaks will be sure to latch onto this literary piece of garbage and argue for its existence into oblivion.
My advice: don't buy lies.