The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated
By Timothy Ferriss
- Release Date: 2009-12-15
- Genre: Self-Improvement
The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated Timothy Ferriss Book Review Score: ★★★★★ 5/5 stars
The New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Body shows readers how to live more and work less, now with more than 100 pages of new, cutting-edge content.
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
This step-by-step guide to luxury lifestyle design teaches:
• How Tim went from $40,000 per year and 80 hours per week to $40,000 per month and 4 hours per week
• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
The new expanded edition of Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek includes:
• More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points, and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
• Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
• How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
• The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either
From the Hardcover edition.
The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated Timothy Ferriss epub; The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated read online; The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated book review; book recommendations; The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated Audiobook; Self-Improvement books;.
User reviews about this book
I don’t think you need this book,
It’s content can be found online.
Lots of Hyperlinks and Repetition, But Worthwhile
30% of the book is comprised of hyperlinks to sites that the author thinks are interesting. Of the remainder, there is a good amount of repetition of philosophy about work/life balance and there is encouragement to live a particular lifestyle. It's a decent book and it motivated me, but I was turned off by certain parts.
Don't believe this awful book
This book is absolutely horrible and dangerous. My husband and I purchased it after he retired from the military and it's the most delusional, unrealistic and dangerous advice we've ever read. The author is a self serving, deceiving manipulator that makes money off of lying to people. It's completely disrespectful to hard working people that actually care about others and their families.
How Life Should Be Lived
I can't say enough about what this book can give you the freedom to do. If you hate the 9-5 rat race, never liked being an employee, thought there was more to life than working to live and living to work then this book might be exactly the tool to get you out of the mundane cycle of employment we're all taught is the 'smart' or 'safe' route.
If you are small minded, insecure or afraid to really experience the world and what you are capable of, do not read this book. You will hate it. Stick to your routine and grumble your way through life.
This is for those ready to really live.
By Brandenn O.G.
This book forever changed the way that I look at time management. Tim highlights common self defeating habits that many of us do on a daily basis and gives actionable steps for how to remedy them. He also gives great advice for navigating office politics, traveling the world on little money, and just generally getting everything we all want out of this thing called life.
Would highly recommend to anyone who's looking to get away from the hustle-and-bustle lifestyle of today's society.
Excited about what's to come!
I couldn't put this down. It really spoke to me and I started practicing some of the steps immediately upon reading them. I've learned to automate, delegate, and extricate myself from some of the mundane at work. I was encouraged because it worked! This is a must-read and will become a favorite book of mine to gift.
Tim Ferriss has totally changed my thinking and how I approach life after reading this book.
Like being awaken from the Matrix.
Practical, realistic and encouraging
I'm not in the "corporate" world but I found Tim's information and advise very applicable to me. As a public school teacher, I have limits but the concepts of "mini-retirements" just made my summers a whole lot more interesting. With the tips, I can now put a plan in place to spend at least 6 weeks doing something adventurous. Thanks, Tim!